If we measure how quickly loading of the content on the web page occurs then it is known as the page speed or website load time. We can also say that if the webserver sends the information’s first byte to the web browser then the time taken by the browser in receiving it is known as page speed. When there is crawling of a very small number of web pages by the search engine then we can say that the page speed is slow. It can have an adverse impact on your indexation. For providing a good user experience, an important role is played by the page speed. The bounce rates will be higher if the loading time of the web pages is longer and it will have a negative effect on conversions.
Now I am going to tell you how to increase the speed of the Website Load Time
3. Use as small a number of redirects as possible – Whenever redirection of a web page occurs then for completing the cycle of HTTP request-response, some additional time is needed and for this reason the visitor has to wait. The slow loading of the web pages can be avoided by reducing the additional redirects.
6. Make some improvements in the server response time – Suppose you use a hosting solution, your server uses software, all the pages use resources and you receive traffic in a definite amount, then it can affect the response time of your server. Shortage of enough memory, slow routing or slow database queries can be the bottlenecks in the performance. You need to fix all these for improving the response time of your server. A 200 ms response time for the server or less than this can be said as optimal.
7. Make the use of a content distribution network – The content delivery load can be distributed by making the use of a servers’ network known as content delivery networks or content distribution networks. For enabling the visitors access your website in a more reliable and faster way, make the use of data centers that are geographically diverse and more in number for storing your website copies.
8. Perform image optimization – Avoid using larger images. Also, for photographs, JPEG file format is good and if you use less than 16 colors in graphics then PNG file format is good. It is possible to compress the larger image files in a website. For the icons and buttons that your site uses, you can build image templates with the help of CSS sprites. A quick loading of a single large image is easily possible and you can make this large image by combining several small images with help of CSS sprites. By avoiding the loading of multiple images, you can prevent the users waiting for these.
9. Use Pingdom tool – For getting information about the availability and performance of a website especially a website load time, you can get alerts and insights with the help of a website monitoring solution known as Pingdom. The end users can get a consistent web experience with the help of this tool. It is possible to get the details about the loading times of the site and file sizes very quickly by using Pingdom.
If you want to plan, conceptualize and arrange content online then it will be good for you to follow the process of Website Design.
Akshay Sharma is a digital marketing enthusiast and has written many topics in the related field. He works with Mind Digital Group, which is one of the best website design company in India..