Society for Information Display (SID) Metropolitan Detroit Chapter Annual Meeting Sidelined by Pandemic to Now Take Place for a Global Engineering Virtual Only Audience October 14-15, 2020 and On Demand Until February 15, 2021
DETROIT, Aug. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The Metropolitan Detroit Chapter of the Society for Information Display (SID) is pleased to announce the 27th Annual Vehicle Displays & Interfaces Symposium & Expo will take place in a virtual-only format Wednesday and Thursday October 14-15, 2020, for the benefit of multi-disciplined and multi-international OEM teams and specialists composed of designers, engineers, scientists, technologists, researchers, and system integrators of land, air, sea, and space vehicle displays.
The SID Metropolitan Detroit Chapter recognizes that in the high-tech 4th Industrial Revolution a strong technical understanding of new and emerging Display 3.0 technologies is essential to the global success of engineers, display specialists and executives who design, manufacture, sell and buy vehicle displays, display components, services, and products that integrate display and visual information technology into vehicles.
In the 2020-decade, the rapid evolution and divergence of visual information technologies continues on pace to connect humankind with their land, air, sea and space vehicles, and their vehicles to them.
“This year’s technical program underscores how the future of electronic vehicle displays resides in the confluence of new and emerging sciences, materials, form factors and technological advances in hardware, software, sensors, systems, components and applications.” – Silviu Pala, SID Symposium Chair
The two-day Vehicle Displays & Interfaces October event gives registrants an opportunity for in-depth learning and valuable insights from keynote and back-to-back technical presentations from globally recognized scientists, tech visionaries, thought leaders and researchers presenting leading-edge science and R&D, with leading value-add suppliers providing solutions to global supply chains from pandemic disruption. Registrants can conduct online Q&A with speakers in ‘chat,’ as well as move projects forward by arranging real-time ‘private chat’ sessions with expert exhibitor technical staff.
The 2020 online technical program features distinguished speaker presentations from the global display, HMI, vehicle systems, photonics, academic and vehicle OEM communities. Peer-reviewed papers provide in-depth knowledge and insights on the latest scientific advances, most recent breakthroughs, and potentially revolutionary applications.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM SEGMENTS, TOPICS AND SPEAKERS FROM US, ASIA, EUROPE
Displays and HMI Systems:
- Reflection Properties of AR Coated Flat and AG Glass Surfaces
Dave McLean, MAC Thin Films, Santa Rosa, CA, US
- IOT Intelligent Display Technology
Lingling Zhang, Tianma, Shanghai, China
- Display Module with Integrated Driver of Multi-screen
Liang Zhou, Tianma, Shanghai, China
- High Precision Optical Bonding for Free-form and Curved Displays
Gino Mariani, Henkel Surface Technologies, Madison Heights, MI, US
- Diffusive Microlens Array for Head-Up Display Applications
Jerry Wu, Dexerials Corporation, Tagajo-shi, Japan
- Human Perception Studies of Head-Up Display Ghosting
Steve Pankratz, 3M Display Materials and Systems Division, St. Paul, MN, US
- Computational Holographic Displays for 3D AR HUD Using Free-Form Optics
Hakan Urey, CY Vision, San Jose, CA, US
- Holographic Optical Elements and Projector Design Considerations for Automotive Windshield Displays
Michael Firth, CERES Holographics, St. Andrews, Scotland, UK
Drs. Kai-Han Chang and Thomas Seder from GM R&D will deliver a presentation entitled ‘Holography and Its Automotive Applications: A Tutorial’
- Understanding and Achieving Reproducible Sparkle Measurements for an Automotive Specification
Ingo Rotscholl, TechnoTeam Bildverarbeitung GmbH, Ilmenau, Germany
- Measuring MicroLEDs for Color Non-Uniformity Correction
Mike Naldrett, ELDIM, Radiant Vision Systems LLC, Redmond, Washington, US
New Display Solutions:
- Supervising (Automotive) Displays for Safe Visualization of Camera Video
Benjamin Axmann, Mercedes-Benz Cars Group Research, Future Technologies, Boeblingen, Germany
- Customized Local Dimming Algorithm and BLU for Automotive Application towards Low Power Consumption and High Visual Quality
Maxim Schmidt, Institute of Microelectronics, Saarland University, Saarbrücken, Germany
- Automotive Smart Surfaces: Conformable HDR Displays and Smart Windows to Activate Almost Any Surface
Paul Cain, FlexEnable, Cambridge, UK
- The Functional Safety Designs of Vehicle Display Driver ICs
Cheng-Chih Deno, Himax, Hsinchu City, Taiwan
- Automotive Dual Cell microZone™LCD Development
Paul Weindorf, Visteon Corporation, Van Buren TWP, MI, US
- A Low-power Transflective TFT-LCD Based on IGZO TFT
Lou Tenggang, Tianma Micro-Electronics Group, Shanghai, China
- A Micro LED Device With 0mm Border
TengGang Lou, Tianma Micro-Electronics Group, Shanghai, China
- Enabling Features of VueReal MicroLED Technology for Automotive Applications
Rexa Chaji, VueReal Inc, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- New Challenges and Testing Solutions for Flexible Vehicle Displays & Interfaces
Eisuke Tsuyuzaki, Bayflex Solutions, Alameda, CA, US
- New Material Solutions for Automotive Displays. Interfaces and Applications
Eisuke Tsuyuzaki, Bayflex Solutions, Alameda, CA, US
- An Alternative to OLED with Full-array Local Dimming in Automotive Displays
Logan Cummins, Texas Instruments, Dallas, TX, US
Post-Event On Demand Viewing:
Registrants can view symposium presentations and virtual exhibitor booth content and videos anyplace, anytime, any time zone on demand until February 15, 2021.
To review the symposium program and exhibitor list, go to www.VehicleDisplay.org.
To register, go to www.VehicleDisplay.org.
To secure a virtual exhibitor booth or sponsorship opportunity contact Joe Nemchek at jnemchek.@pcm411, or call (203) 502-8338.
About SID Vehicle Displays & Interfaces Detroit Symposium & Expo:
The SID Vehicle Displays & Interfaces Symposium & Expo Detroit is presented by the Metro-Detroit Chapter of SID (Society for Information Display) www.SID.org. SID is the only professional society focused on the advancement of electronic display and visual information technologies. By exclusively focusing on the advancement of electronic display and visual information technologies, SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry’s best new products. The organization’s members are professionals in the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing and sales.
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Gadget Galiyara accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability, and data of the text. DigitalGaliyara (OPC) Private Limited management reserves the sole right to alter, delete, or remove (without notice). If you have any concerns with the Content, then please write to us at the email@example.com