Apple’s 2018 MacBook Pro has had a tempestuous start to life since it was released last month. Following numerous videos posted to YouTube that showed the computers were aggressively down-clocking their CPUs during heavy use, Apple identified an issue and then published a software fix that appears to have rectified the issue and even though its new keyboard also appears to have potentially fixed the problems older MacBook Pros have had, it looks like there may be another, albeit smaller storm brewing.
A number of users have taken to Apple’s support forums as well as other online forums to report a new issue – crackling speakers.
The crackling appears to happen during audio playback across both the 13-inch and 15-inch models and with seemingly no pattern as to when it will happen. There are plenty of YouTube videos showing the issues, too, which means anyone wanting to see what all the fuss is about can do so for themselves.
Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a specific software culprit that can be pointed at here. Some users have reported that iTunes appears to cause the crackling while others are seeing the same issue when watching YouTube videos. Interestingly, users booting into Boot Camp are also reporting similar issues, suggesting that this is not a macOS issue but rather either something hardware-based or something more low-level that can be impacted even when Windows is being used.
There will, of course, always be issues when devices are built in large numbers, just like the MacBook Pros, and people will gravitate to online forums to report issues so it’s difficult to gauge just how widespread these issues are. No matter how many are impacted, however, let’s hope there’s a relatively simple fix identified sooner rather than later.
(Video source: Antonio Cangiano [YouTube])
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 Possibility: Should We Expect One To Come After iOS 12 Release Next Month?
- Download: Android 9 Pie Factory Images, OTA For Pixel, Essential Phone Released
- iOS 12 Beta 6 Download Of IPSW Links And OTA Update Along With watchOS 5, tvOS 12, macOS 10.14 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 6 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 6 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.
Like this post on Facebook
(function(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1&appId=511853455528004”;
(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));