With its most recent jailbreak release, the Electra team has started to really take the jailbreak community by storm and that continues at a pace that we have not seen in quite some time.
The team has been on something of a spree, replacing legacy jailbreak tweaks and frameworks with its own in an attempt to rid the community of some of the older, less stable pieces of jailbreak software that have become the cornerstone of a scene that stretches all the way back to 2007 and the very first iPhone.
The latest stage of all of this is Sileo, a new app store installer that was announced by Pwn20wnd of the aforementioned Electra team.
Set to replace Cydia Installer by Saurik on all devices jailbroken by Electra in the very near future, Sileo will be a replacement for the jailbreak app store that itself has been a mainstay of the community. However, with Cydia no longer under full support the Electra Team has deemed this to be the time to replace it, and Sileo is the result.
Importantly, we are told that Sileo will work with previous Cydia repositories and packages and that is a vital implementation detail for those jailbreaking. The potential for a full implemented replacement for Cydia that does not impact the installations and tweaks that users already have in place is certainly there, with Pwn20wnd saying that the new store has much the same back end as the Cydia store that it will replace. Even the Cydia purchases will be accessible from Sileo.
We don’t yet have an exact release window for when Sileo will start to be the only option for those using Electra to jailbreak their devices but it is indeed on the way soon. What we do know is that Sileo will be bundled with the next version of the Electra jailbreak, at least.
(Source: Pwn20wnd [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 On iPhone X By Downgrading To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 11.4.1 To Older Firmware Version On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
Like this post on Facebook
(function(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1&appId=511853455528004”;
(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));
Source link ]]>